Thursday, May 05, 2016

"Manos" Mother's Day (The Sequel)



If you are planning to take your mom out on Mother's Day, avoid the Valley Lodge at all costs. Even though they have a hands-on staff, the waiter is really slow and the owner is always rambling on about some Manos nonsense. The couch in the lobby is filthy, too.

Manos The Hands of Fate
Mother Maggie comforts her daughter Debbie
The original version of Manos Mother's Day began as an image I made in 2015. In that version, I wrote "R" is for Red Hair, to describe Margaret's hair colour (it's a stretch, I know). I posted it online and not long after that, someone shared it with Jackey Neyman Jones (aka Debbie). She in turn shared it on Debbie's Manos FB but commented that "R" should have been for "Run!" I had to admit, that makes much more sense and I was kicking myself for not thinking of it. I decided that I would make a new version in time for Mother's Day 2016. A few weeks ago, I had the idea to make a companion video for it with clips from Manos: The Hands of Fate and here it is.

Dedicated to Diane Mahree and Jackey Neyman Jones, both of whom will be reprising their roles in Manos Returns

"Forgetting You" sung by Nicki Mathis who will be recording a new version for the sequel which I'm happy to say I will receive as a reward for donating to the Manos Returns Kickstarter Campaign. In the meantime, you can download two versions of the song; the original version and a cover version.

M is for Margaret
O is for Ogle
T is for Torgo
H is for Hands
E is for Eww!
R is for Run!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Redbubble

Featured Post

Fourteen Movies MST3K Should Riff

If you were a fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000 , then you no doubt know that it is being rebooted, thanks to the successful Bring Bac...