Sunday, February 15, 2015

My Manos Movie Poster

movie poster
Manos: The Hands of Fate
Ever since I first watched Manos: The Hands of Fate, I've been fascinated with it. Even though the movie is severely flawed both technically and plot wise, the characters known as The Master and Torgo are thoroughly entertaining.

I've become so obsessed with the cult film, I decided to try my hand (pun fully intended) at designing a movie poster for it.

For my design, I tried to convey the feeling of a movie that was creepy and sinister. I felt the best way to do this was to focus on The Master with his piercing and hypnotic gaze. His white face is starkly contrasted against a black background, like he's appearing out of the darkness of night. I've just noticed that Tom Selleck has a slight resemblance to The Master. Keep that in mind, should there ever be a remake.

The red hands frame the movie's title much like I imagine director Hal Warren used his hands to frame a scene before shooting although I don't think it helped him much. I positioned them to appear as though they could still be part of The Master's robe. This also conveniently left an appropriate space between the thumbs to insert the credits of the cast, crew and production company.

Next, I recreated the rectangular boxes with the color and disclaimer info just as they appeared in the original newspaper ad and placed them onto the hands.

Finally, I added the tagline at the top, slightly modified from the original version.

This poster is available for purchase at my TeePublic store by clicking on the poster image. It's also available at several other of my following online stores: Zazzle, Redbubble (metal print) and DeviantArt. All rights reserved. If you see this poster available for download or purchase at a website or store other than Movie Vigilante online stores, please report it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Redbubble

Featured Post

Fourteen Movies MST3K Should Riff

If you were a fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000 , then you no doubt know that it is being rebooted, thanks to the successful Bring Bac...