Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Watch Me Play "Manos: The Hands of Fate" Horribly



In 2012, FreakZone Games released a retro-styled video game based on the 1966 cult, B-movie favourite, Manos: The Hands of Fate. Although I've never been much of a gamer, I purchased the PC version at the time and enjoy playing it from time to time. I'm still not that good and don't get very far but part of that is because I'm using my computer keyboard for the controls, which makes it a little more difficult. Mostly though, it's because I am and always have been a casual gamer. I think I've only ever beaten one video game in my life; It was The Legend of Zelda. I'll never be mistaken for a serious gamer.

Recently, I decided to screen capture a playthrough of me playing the Manos video game. If you're expecting to see all the different levels or stages, you'll be sorely disappointed. As I said, I'm a horrible video game player.

Instead, what you'll see is me as Mike run into Torgo as well as battle some creatures such as snakes, killer shrews and screaming skulls. I don't make it far enough to meet The Master or any of his wives. I guess I failed him.

You'll also see how much I hesitate at times because I'm unsure of what to do. Sometimes I'm standing still for what seems like forever with nothing happening. It's almost like watching the movie.

Just for fun, I've also inserted some of the more memorable lines and moments of the movie at relevant points in the game. I don't want anyone to think that these are actually in the video game because they are not. That's strictly my doing so blame me if you must.

Finally, I've added some text commentary here and there that won't likely give MST3K any stiff competition but you may find it amusing anyway. At least that is my hope.

I must apologize for a little bit of lag at some points. This was the first time I've ever used screen capture software and I wasn't sure what the best settings were. Hopefully, If I make another one, I have it figured out by then. I just want you to know that it's my computer and settings and not the game itself. The game runs smoothly with no problems at all.

The Master would probably not approve of such devices as video games but what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

Game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Redbubble

Featured Post

Fourteen Movies MST3K Should Riff

If you were a fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000 , then you no doubt know that it is being rebooted, thanks to the successful Bring Bac...