Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Retro Rose Video and VHS Tapes



VHS Collection


I created this short video, partly to show off a few of my favourite VHS tapes from my modest collection. I don't have many but of what I have, a couple of them are obscure.

"You miss 100% of the tapes you don't play" - Johnny Rose

  • Ghostbusters is the most popular title I own on VHS and if you'll notice, my copy is still in pristine condition. 
  • Memoirs of an Invisible Man is an underrated John Carpenter movie with Chevy Chase in the title role. 
  • I love it when the colour of VHS tapes matched their titles, as in the case of The Hunt for Red October.
  • The box art for Night of the Zombies has suffered some serious sun fade
  • I still think Ghostbusters 2 is better than it's given credit.
  • I bought The Pit for $5 when my local video store was clearing out a bunch of used VHS tapes. I reviewed The Pit in this blog.
  • Melanie is an obscure Canadian movie that featured Burton Cummings in his first and last acting role.
Rose Video sticker

Retro Rose Video Membership


Johnny Rose didn't build the second largest video store empire without knowing what he was talking about. OK, so he lost it all and had to move to Schitt's Creek. That doesn't mean that his quote above, doesn't apply.

This retro video store membership card is a nostalgic throwback to the days when video stores ruled the land, from large corporations to mom & pop stores. Notice that customers at Rose Video got free popcorn with every rental.

You can get your own retro Rose Video membership sticker at Redbubble. This is officially-licensed merchandise inspired by the TV show Schitt's Creek. It is approved by ITV studios.

It's also available on other products such as t-shirts, mugs, tote bags, etc.

Favourite Video Store


What is the video store you rented your movies from when they were around?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Redbubble

Featured Post

Fourteen Movies MST3K Should Riff

If you were a fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000 , then you no doubt know that it is being rebooted, thanks to the successful Bring Bac...